DIGITIME Research offers various research packages for our customers covering a variety of industries.
DIGITIMES Research Special Report Databases
The IT supply chain has been setting up production bases outside of China to reduce reliance on the world's factory. The reshuffle of the global supply chain is turning Asia into the world's hub of both production and consumption. Against the backdrop of the G2 (US-China) conflicts, the implementation of RCEP, and issues concerning climate change and carbon neutrality, Asia is promising to become the most influential region of the world economy.
DIGITIMES Research, long dedicated to studying the global IT industry development and supply chain, provides first-hand information of the supply chain. It offers in-depth research on IT supply chain trends and competitiveness of Asia countries. Its Special Reports focus on developments of major industries and companies in Asia's IT industry, and provide keen observation of Taiwan's supply chain, product and tech trends, as well as analysis of major makers' operations. DIGITIMES Research regularly provides data concerning shipments from major brand vendors and their ODMs, offering a comprehensive look at industry sectors from the upstream to the downstream. DIGITIMES Research's reports provide timely and professional analysis of the IT industry.
Current Special Report Database services include Servers, Notebooks, Smart Devices, Semiconductor, Smart Cars, and Asia Tech. DIGITIMES Special Report Database is an annual subscription and is also sold a-la-carte report.
Special Report Database Packages
Increasing popularity of cloud computing services is boosting enterprises' demand for servers, with particularly strong shipments to the datacenter sector. Taiwan makers are the major suppliers of server products, catering to around 90% of the worldwide demand every quarter.
In addition to shipments to major server brand vendors such as HP and Dell, Taiwan ODMs also have entered the supply chains of Google, Facebook, Amazon and Microsoft, directly providing these Internet service giants with customized server products.
Digitimes Research provides a quarterly tracking service that updates subscribers on the latest shipment data and technology trends of the server market. In addition to four quarterly reports, Digitimes Research supplies an annual-based report covering the shipment forecast for the next five years.
- Worldwide server shipment updates by quarter
- Quarterly server shipments by major player
- Yearly outlook of global server market and industry analysis
- Server shipments from Taiwan makers to clients
- Taiwan makers' shipment and share by client
The Digitimes Research Server Tracker is an annual service based on four quarterly reports, yearly forecast reports and one annual-based forecast report covering the next five years offered in early-fourth quarter every year. Each of the report provides shipment data for the previous five quarters (less than five if the service has not tracked the figures for over five quarters yet) and a forecast for the current quarter. In the fourth quarter of each year, the report also provides breakdowns of annual shipment trends in the areas of analysis.
- Global server market
- Worldwide server market shipments
- Shipment breakdown
- Worldwide server shipments by top-10 player
- World server shipment share by top-10 player
- Taiwan server shipments and global share
- Taiwan shipments by top maker
- Taiwan shipment share by top maker
- Foxconn server shipments
- Foxconn shipments by client
- Foxconn shipment share by client
- Inventec server shipments
- Inventec shipments by client
- Inventec shipment share by client
- Quanta server shipments
- Quanta shipments by client
- Quanta shipment share by client
- Wistron server shipments
- Wistron shipments by client
- Wistron shipment share by client
- Mitac server shipments
- Mitac shipments by client
- Mitac shipment share by clients
- Wiwynn server shipments
- Wiwynn shipments by client
- Wiwynn shipment share by clients
- Global server market (annual forecast report for the next five years)
- Worldwide server shipments
- Worldwide server shipments by vendor location
- Taiwan server shipments
Over 300 million computing mobile devices composed of notebooks, tablets and 2-in-1 devices have been shipped worldwide annually in the past few years. Taiwan makers have been a key force behind the production of these mobile devices. Of the notebooks shipped worldwide, about 80% are manufactured by Taiwan's ODMs. Other than the notebooks, some of these Taiwan ODMs also produce tablets.
Digitimes Research provides a quarterly tracking service that updates subscribers on the latest shipment data and technology trends of Taiwan's notebook and tablet sectors.
- Worldwide notebook shipment updates by quarter
- Quarterly notebook shipments made from Taiwan ODMs to major global notebook vendors
- Monthly notebook updates tracking top-5 brands and top-3 ODMs shipments and analysis
- Quarterly handset shipments made from Taiwan ODMs
- Tablet shipment related analysis concerning demand, supply and technology trends affecting shipment totals of tier-one vendors and white-box players
- Quarterly tablet shipment forecasts, with the service tracking factory shipments for branded tier-one players, white-box shipments worldwide and the shipments from Taiwan makers
The Digitimes Research Notebook Tracker is an annual service based on four quarterly reports. In the reports, shipment data for the previous five quarters and a forecast for the current quarter are provided. In the fourth quarter of each year, the notebook reports also provide breakdowns of annual shipment trends in the areas of analysis.
- Taiwan notebooks
- Taiwan notebook shipments
- Worldwide notebook shipments
- Shipment breakdown
- Notebook shipments to major clients
- Notebook shipment share by major clients
- Global major vendors' shipments
- Notebook shipments by CPU
- Notebook shipment share by CPU
- Notebook shipments by screen size
- Notebook shipment share by screen size
- Notebook shipments by maker tier
- Notebook shipment share by maker tier
- Top makers' notebook shipments
- Vendor-maker partnership
- Chromebook shipments
- Global tablets
- Key factors affecting tablet shipments (Supply)
- Key factors affecting tablet shipments (Demand)
- Shipment breakdown
- Global tablet shipments
- Shipments by product - iPad, non-iPad branded and white-box
- Shipment share by product - iPad, non-iPad branded and white-box
- Shipments by vendor
- Shipment share by vendor
- Shipments by panel size
- Shipment share by panel size
- Shipments by touchscreen technology
- Shipment share by touchscreen technology
- Shipments by OS
- Shipment share by OS
- Shipments by AP supplier
- Shipment share by AP supplier
- Shipments of detachable notebooks by OS
- Shipment share of detachable notebooks by OS
- Shipments from Taiwan makers and share of global shipments
- Taiwan tablet shipments by maker
- Taiwan tablet shipment share by maker
China is now one of the biggest smartphone markets in the world, and several China-based smartphone brands have also taken over many of the front row seats of the worldwide ranking.
With the growing importance of China's smartphone industry and market, any new trends and changes from the region's upstream supply chain could also greatly influence the worldwide smartphone market.
To provide a better understanding of the interesting and complicated dynamics seen in China's smartphone market, Digitimes Research offers a quarterly tracking service that updates subscribers on the latest shipment data and trends in the market.
This service is in fact two services in one. The first area of coverage is local demand in China, with shipments of local vendors and international brands being tracked on a quarterly basis. The second area of coverage is overall shipments by China players, for both domestic and international markets.
These two services combine to provide a comprehensive tracking of the demand and supply sides of the China smartphone market, while also including analyses of a complicated sector where firms sometimes act as brand vendors in the local market and as ODM/EMS players for international customers in emerging markets. The quarterly report also incorporates worldwide smartphone shipments from major vendors.
In addition to four quarterly reports, Digitimes Research supplies an annual-based report covering the status of the worldwide smartphone market over the past few years, the shipment forecast for the next five years and the shipment breakdown analysis for the upcoming year.
- Details on factors affecting smartphone shipments to China
- Quarterly smartphone shipments to the China market including volumes from international first-tier vendors such as Apple and Samsung and China-based major vendors
- China's major telecom carriers' service subscriber numbers
- Details on factors affecting China's smartphone industry shipments
- China smartphone industry's shipments by player and their export volumes
- Worldwide smartphone shipments and breakdown by players
The Digitimes Research Smartphone Tracker is an annual service based on four quarterly reports on the China and worldwide smartphone industry and market and one annual report for the worldwide smartphone market offered in early-fourth quarter every year. In the China smartphone quarterly reports, shipment data for the previous five quarters and a forecast for the current quarter are provided.
- Worldwide smartphone market (annual forecast report)
- Worldwide smartphone shipments (past three years, current year and next year)
- Worldwide shipments by top-10 brand
- Worldwide shipment share by top-10 brand
- Y/Y shipment growth by top-10 brand
- Worldwide shipments by top-11 to -20 brand
- Worldwide shipment share by top-11 to -20 brand
- Y/Y shipment growth by top-11 to -20 brand
- Worldwide smartphone shipments (current year and next five years)
- China smartphone industry and market
- China smartphone market
- Key factors affecting the China smartphone market
- Key vendor factors affecting smartphone shipments in China
- Key trends affecting smartphone shipments to China
- Shipment breakdown
- China smartphone market shipments
- China smartphone market shipments - international and local brands
- China smartphone market share - international and local brands
- China smartphone market shipments, by China-based players
- China smartphone market shipment share, by China-based players
- China smartphone market shipment growth by quarter by China-based players
- International brand smartphone shipments in China market
- China smartphone market shipments by international brands
- China smartphone market shipment share by international brands
- China smartphone market quarterly shipment growth by international brands
- China smartphone market shipments by all vendors
- China smartphone market shipment share by all vendors
- China telecom carriers' overall subscribers
- China telecom carriers' increased subscriber
- China telecom carriers' 4G subscribers
- China telecom carriers' share of 4G subscribers
- China telecom carriers' increased 4G subscribers
- China telecom carriers' share of increased 4G subscribers
- China smartphone industry
- Key factors affecting the China smartphone industry (Supply)
- Key factors affecting the China smartphone industry (Demand)
- Shipment breakdown
- China smartphone industry shipments
- Shipments by China players
- Shipment share by China players
- Q/Q shipment growth by China players
- Y/Y shipment growth by China players
- China smartphone industry's export shipments
- Export shipments by China player
- Export shipment share by China player
- Worldwide handset and smartphone shipments
- Worldwide smartphone shipments by player
- Worldwide smartphone shipment share by player
- Analysis of foundry, advanced packaging, power semiconductor, silicon wafer, China semiconductor industry, market, products and tech trends
- IC design sector in Taiwan and China
- Analysis of pure-play foundry industry trends
- Analysis of packaging/testing industry trends
- China semiconductor industry trends and policy development
- Emerging and popular products/tech/application, including advanced packaging tech, emerging semiconductor materials, such as GaN
- Analysis of IC design sector trends in Taiwan and China
The Semiconductor Special Report Database is an annual service covering ten research reports. The service provides the access to all published reports.
The analysis is developed through the lens of case studies, covering the major players and the dynamics strategy of the supply chain. Automotive content encloses details such as automotive HMI, trends of major manufacturers, and emerging markets.
- Smart cockpit/EV observation
- Vehicle battery recycling
- Market changes of public charging piles in globe major countries
- Emerging battery technologies such as solid-state batteries, sharing of charging piles, and wireless charging
Focus on major Asian enterprises' operations and strategies; telecom and car (including EV) sectors' development in major Asian countries; startups, VC, unicorns in Asia.
- Analysis of Asian telecom and car industries and markets
- Major enterprises' operations and strategies
- Asian supply chain development: Analysis of Southeast Asia IT and car supply chains
- Startup ecosystems in various Asian countries
- Asian VC investment trend
- Asian unicorn developments
The Asia Insight Special Report Database is an annual service based on ten research reports. The service provides the access to all published reports.